top of page

Dee Why Historical Photos, Series 2

In the digitally-dominated, fast-paced world we live in today, sometimes it’s nice to slow down and reflect on the simpler times, remembering the roots and past lives of our surroundings through photographs and images from yesteryear.

In Series 2, we have gone back in time to Dee Why Public School. The school was first opened on July 17th, 1922 - a two-roomed brick building designed to fit 96 students. The school was soon over-capacity with more than 160 children. Subsequently, two more classrooms were built in 1923. Over the years, the school saw continued growth requiring more portable classrooms, the temporary hire of a basement hall on Pittwater Road, and eventually, the acquisition of more land.


Image credits: Northern Beaches Council Library Local Studies
Opening of Dee Why Public School - July 17th, 1922

Dee Why Public School - Grade 6 - 1936


Commentaires


bottom of page